An online marketing and community manager, with expertise in brand cohesion, social media and email marketing. Proficient in graphic production, narrative writing and web design. Responsible for the concept and creation of an integrated online presence for an international multi-million dollar non-profit organization leading to over 700% increase in donations.
Specialties: xHTML, CSS, email marketing, social media, graphic production, written communications, project specifications, project management, office management, web design, team building and management, non-profit consulting.
A person is defined not only by what they do but by where their passions lie. I am passionate about animal welfare, health, nutrition, sustainability, and our environment.
Homeward Pet Adoption Center
www.homewardpet.org - 2021-present
As we moved through the pandemic, many things became obvious. One of those was that, if I was to re-enter the workforce rather than be self employed, it would be on my own terms and it would have to do with animals. No sooner had I put that thought into the universe, than that position manifested for me. I took the position of Marketing and Communications Manager for Homeward Pet Adoption Center in July of 2021. It truly uses the skills I've amassed over many years - social media, email marketing, print marketing, leadership, graphic design, photography and so many more. And I have gotten to continue to have some of the same hands on time with the animals that I've come to cherish volunteering with this organization over the past seven years. The people are amazing and the cause and organization even better.
www.digitalyouconsulting.com - 2005-present
An online consulting company offering specialties in brand cohesion, content strategy, web development and improvement, social media and community management, online fundraising, graphics preparation, and editorial calendar implementation. Skilled in WordPress template customization and content development. Particularly focused on mid-sized organizations that do not already have a digital program and are concerned about the cost of bringing on a full-time digital development manager.
I provide concentrated experience in content strategy - creating messages (both in word and graphics) for each platform (print, web, social...) and a big picture sense of how to blend these for a consistent message.
Of note: Most of my clients are people with whom I've worked in many capacities through the years, including past employers. I feel that this speaks the strongest to the caliber of support I'm able to provide.
www.petcofoundation.org - 2009-2014
A national animal welfare organization, raising and providing millions of dollars in annual grants in support of adoption, spay/neuter, animal assisted therapy programs and humane education.
Senior Web and Community Manager
- Outlined five year plan for newly created online presence for the Petco Foundation.
- Developed the Petco Foundation web presence from three to 60 pages, increasing traffic and donations by more than 700 percent over 5 years.
- Executed a premium for donation promotion that that tripled donations at $50 levels.
- Created community presence for the Petco Foundation including Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, and Google+, expanding social media reach to more than 100,000 engaged followers.
- Wrote blog posts describing personal animal welfare experiences to support Petco Foundation branding, fundraising, and outreach initiatives.
- Implemented an editorial calendar to map communication initiatives and create a more consistent voice.
- Concepted, designed, wrote, coded, tested, and disseminated 20 email campaigns per year to over three million recipients, increasing donations through email marketing to more than $250,000 annually.
- Grew Petco Foundation's annual photo contest into a fund and friend raiser for the organization. In 2014, the photo contest raised more than $120,000 for more than 33 animal welfare organizations.
- Spoke at two to three national conferences per year on the topic of pit bull specific animal welfare as well as reviewed/approved all pit bull specific grant requests.
- Generated extensive procedures manual for Web & Community Manager position.
- Received more than a dozen organization-wide "Caught in the Act" awards for inter-departmental teamwork.
www.pint.com - 2000 to 2009
A nationally recognized Web development agency, specializing in Web site design and Web application development.
- Handled over $100,000 dollars in monthly client workload requests. Grew monthly billings by 10% year over year.
- Instituted company-wide Quality Assurance guidelines and training, resulting in a five percent boost in client referrals.
- Worked with clients and internal team to prepare site architecture documents, page wire frames, and technical/functional specifications for sites in development.
- Created client guidelines for content submission on larger projects, increasing project efficiency by twenty percent.
- Coded standards-compliant HTML and CSS for web and email deployment.
- Performed extensive QA testing on code and usability for client's existing sites in order to provide tiered recommendations for upgrade or replacement.
- Developed and implemented standard operating procedures that increased agency-wide efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implemented company-wide HTML, CSS, QA and core skills training.
- Was the primary contact for daily requests for 100+ clients on web maintenance contracts.
- Managed and grew the team responsible for maintenance and contract work to ten employees, during which period company billings increased 8 times.
- Designed specifications and managed the development of a comprehensive traffic management / resource allocation addition to the existing ticket-tracking system.
Adobe Suite - Photoshop, Acrobat, Bridge
Oracle Social Relationship Management
Familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest,
Adobe Suite - Dreamweaver, Acrobat XI Pro
Foundant grant-making software
iShelters animal shelter management software
Microsoft Office Suite
SnagIt Screen Capture
Community Service - Animal Welfare
Homeward Pet Adoption Center
Pit Bull Rescue San Diego - Pit Bull advocacy and rescue
Founder, President-Board of Directors, Intake Director, Brand Manager
San Diego Humane Society
Top fundraiser - annual Walk For Animals
San Diego Animal Support Foundation
Fundraiser graphic support
Cocktails and Furrytails
Fundraiser graphic support
Pit Bull Rescue San Diego, FOCAS San Diego, Underdog Rescue, Help 4 Pets Rescue
Bachelor of Arts Degree - Liberal Arts and Sciences, Writing
University of California San Diego, Muir College
Certificate in Web Publishing
University of California San Diego - Extension